SPMB or Seleksi Penerimaan Mahasiswa Baru is one of Selection test to enter to a State University. Besides, autonomous program held by the university like UM-UGM, USM-ITB, SPMB UNY etc. This selection is held in two days test in the beginning of July every years.
There are 56 state universities held this test together. And the university is devided into 3 Regional Area. Regional one is for University in the west side of Indonesia, Regional two is for the University in the central side of Indonesia, and Regional Three for the university in the east side of Indonesia.
There are three program can be choose in joining SPMB:
- IPA for Science,
- IPS for Language and Social,
- IPC for the combination of both.
The test is contain 3 kind of skill:
1. General skill (Kemampuan Dasar) for both the three program contains three subjuct:
- General Mathematics, 25 questions,
- Bahasa Indonesia, 25 questions,
- Bahasa Inggris (English), 25 questions.
2. Science skill (Kemampuan IPA) for IPA program and IPC program, contains 5 subject:
- Mathematics science, 15 questions,
- Physics (Fisika), 15 questions,
- Chemistry (Kimia), 15 questions,
- Biology, 15 questions,
- IPA Terpadu, 15 questions,
4. Social skill (Kemampuan IPS) for IPC Program and IPS program, contains 4 subject:
- Economisc (Ekonomi), 20 questions,
- Geography (Geografi), 20 questions,
- Sejarah, 20 questions,
- IPS terpadu, 15 questions,